- Professional-production condenser microphone with long interference tube
- Designed for broadcast, TV/film, and sound reinforcement applications
- Smooth, intelligible response in noisy environments
- Rugged, durable build for field use while running on 48V of phantom power
- Highly directional super cardioid-lobar polar pattern with excellent off-axis rejection
On a camera, boom pole, and remotely placed, Marantz Professional’s Audio Scope SG-17P is a versatile, long shotgun mic made for the rigors of broadcast production.
The Audio Scope SG-17P is particularly well-suited to broadcast, theater and outdoor recording because it exhibits superb control in picking up only the sound source you want—even on a busy sidewalk. Conventional microphones can’t match the SG-17P’s focused supercardioid-lobar polar pattern for preventing unwanted off-axis sound.
Running on 48 volts of phantom power, it’s designed for rugged field use and comes with a windscreen, mounting clip and carrying case, so you’re all set to go from the start.
Additional accessories, like 9-foot and 11-foot extension boom poles with or without an integral XLR cable, are also available for purchase to increase the reach and placement versatility of the SG-17P, and provide greater precision and flexibility in the composition of your recordings.
- Element: Electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid-lobar (strong directivity)
- Frequency Response: 30–16,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -33 dBV/Pa (22.4 mV/Pa)
- Impedance: 200Ω (1,000 Ω minimum load)
- Equivalent Noise: 18dB
- Maximum SPL: 130dB (THD 1% @ 1kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 76dB
- Dynamic Range: 112dB
- Power Requirement: 11 – 52VDC <2.0mA
- Dimensions (diameter x length): 0.83” x 21.3” (21 x 540mm)
- Weight: 8.8 oz (0.55 lbs)
- Audio Scope SG-17P
- Mounting clip
- Carrying case
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual